Subject: Re: Things I'm working on...
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 93 20:23:04 PDT

>Well, since everyone else is sharing what they're working on, so will
>I, but I must warn you, its pretty boring.

    Nothing in E is "boring" !!!!!!!

>First off, there's Remind, a simple reminder program.  Features
>include opening its own screen and a gui (two listviews and some
>buttons).  The best thing about it is its small (hopefully less than
>20K).  Currently in alpha stage, but it should have a short cycle :-).
>Its my first largish E program, so its not much.

    Sounds KeWl! F U nd a b8a tstr, lt me no, & I wl do it 4 U :-) 

    need2know: semi-accurate release date (e.g. 2 weeks/1 month/2/3/1 year

>Second, I'm working on a set of proper include files for E.  No more
>looking up endless cross-references for those dozen different includes
>that each have only _one_ flag you need (yay!)!.  Its easily done
>through EPP, as soon as the right files are made up.  All you will
>need to do is...
>
>PMODULE 'devices/conunit'
>
>and it will include everything the normal C conunit.h file does.  This
>is something _I've_ sorely wanted, anyway.

    What?! You mean to tell me that you don't include EVERY module?! Are you
insane? You must be one of those memory conservatonist freaks! "Oh, if we
don't stop taking away all the memory, there won't be any left for our
kids...."  :-)   (Don't mind me, I'm really not this abnormal in
person...comedy looks better in type :-)

    So not really a program, but more PMods? I don't come from a C background,
as ARexx was my bigest endeavor before E, but I think I know what you mean...

>I am also in the consideration stage for EFRONT, which is YAEP (Yet
>Another E PreProcessor).  This one, however, will be more of a
>language-extending preprocessor, implementing proper structure support
>(ie you'll be able to write struct.substruct.even.more.stuff and
>actually have it mean something!), multi-dimensional arrays, and
>anything else neat I or someone else thinks of to put in.  Again this
>is merely in the consideration stage; I'm not sure it could even be
>pulled off (well, by me, anyway).

    Ok...this sounds interesting and comlex, but rather than starting from
scratch, you could maybe sortof work in some sort of symbiosis w/ Barry
Wills.....

>Feel free to include any of this information in the E Projects List.
>If you need more info, let me know (sorry, I did not keep the message
>describing the format around).

    I'll probly get it ihn the next release of the list.....(vacation
calls...I didn't find out about it till 2 days ago!) which I will hopefully
get widespread (sent out the first release on FIDO today)

>Chad
>---
>   Chad Freeman, inet: [email-masked], bnet: cjfst4@pittvms, BIX: cfreeman
>    Read Amiga Report, its the best on-line magazine around (+ I'm in it!)
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
>   Wealth is lent us, friends are lent us, man is lent, kin is lent; all
>   this earth's frame shall stand empty.                          -The Wandere
r
>

 / / /
/_/_/iZ

MODULE 'WiZkId'
PROC main()
  wizkid.inetaddress:=[email-masked]'
  wizkid.realname:='Jeffrey J Peden ]['
ENDPROC

*-- GammaTag Version 2.8 --*
*-- *-- Buy an A4000/040/25; you can reboot faster!